Office of the College Librarian
Mr. Umar Ahmad
NCE, BLIS (ABU) MIM (PGDM) NLA, LRCN
The Library Department is headed by the College Librarian who is both a member of the management and Academic Board. There are also other library staffs that are ever ready to assist the student with their problems. Hence the library operates under the following section:- Reader’ Service, technical service, the Collection Development, and Serial sections. The rules and regulations governing the use of the Library are spelled out on the subsequent page of this book.
The College Library
The library was established in 1971, under the then School of Agriculture and Animal Husbandry. The library was demerged along with the college on 13 July 2013 from Abubakar Tatari Ali Polytechnic Bauchi (ATAP). Their present total numbers of collections are 3,035 Books and 1546 journals, while the present seating capacity is 68 at a time. The library has a staff strength of eighteen staff comprising two (2) professional Librarians, eight (8) Para-Professional staff, and eight support staff.
Objectives of the Library
- To provide access to information resources
- To provide current library materials that supportive academic curriculum of the institution
- To educate and assist the college, Student and staff in the identification of information therein.
- To work closely with user in order to know their needs and interest.
Library rules and regulationsLibrary rules and regulations
- Each student is required to register as a member of the library. This registration will enable him/her obtain borrowing ticket (s) and Library (ID) Membership Card.
- Registration requirement; a student should come along with one passport and receipt of payment duly signed & cleared.
- Any student who wants to use the library must bring along his/her 1.D card or evidence of completion of registration with the college.
- Borrowing tickets must be used by the owner only while borrowing books.
- The ticket remains the property of the Library at all times and must be surrendered on final departure from the College.
- Lost of ticket should be reported to any library staff immediately.
- Two weeks after the date of reported loss, replacement may be made on payment of prescribed fee. Stealing or mutilation of any library material in whatever form is a serious offence which attract severe disciplinary action.
- Handbags, briefcases etc, must be kept at the library entrance at owner’s risk.
- Books consulted in circulation should be left on the reading table
- Silence must be maintained in and around the library at all times. Use of shoes capable of distracting the attention of other readers is not allowed.
- Eating, drinking, smoking and chewing of gum are not allowed in the library.
- Littering in and around the library is not allowed.
- Borrowers are responsible for the safe-keeping of all books issued to them.
- Pets are not allowed in to the library.
- No reservation of seat in the library. All chairs not physically occupied for more than thirty (30) minutes can be occupied by another person.
- Chairs and tables should not be moved from their positions without authorization.
- Coming with provocative dressing (indecent dressing) is prohibited in the library.
Monday – Thursday 8:00 am – 1:00 pm
Fridays 9:00 am – 1:00 pm and 3:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Saturdays 8:00 am – 1:00 pm
On Sundays and public holidays, the library is closed.
Mondays – Thursdays 9:00 am – 2:00 pm
Fridays 9:00 am – 1:00 pm
On Saturdays and Sundays, the library is closed.